This is a stone house from 1722 with high ceilings and large windows, a completely open first floor with a staircase in the center of the room, and a 7′ wide stone fireplace. There is a white addition from 1880 that doubles the size of the house, and it is set at an L from the stone house. Both sides have two floors.
The stone house has been deconstructed to the most minimal architectural details, and left like an archeological dig: 19th century wallpaper left uncovered in one corner, beams unboxed to their original size, wide board floors sanded and left bare. The old, wavy glass is still in the 18″ deep windows.
On the stone side of the house the upstairs floors are glossy white, and the walls are a cream white. There is a clawfoot tub, and two bedrooms. In the addition, the two bedrooms and bath upstairs have white floors, the hallway floor is raw wood. The light on the addition is bright, sharp white. The light in the stone house is glowing like a Vermeer painting. The kitchen is in the center of the house, almost like a breezeway, with 2 doors to both interior sides of the house, and 2 doors leading to the outside. The floor is painted robin’s egg blue. The backdoor off the kitchen opens onto a bluestone terrace that faces the pasture.
There are two porches along the sides of the house– one facing the vista, the other facing a garden with a white picket fence.
There are 11 rolling acres of pasture and woods, stone walls, a huge waterfall ending in a swimming hole, and stream; and a large historic Dutch barn with gorgeous light, and 2 white goats.