The home is a historical Georgian Cape located in Norfolk, Connecticut. It was built in 1780, and has many of the original features intact including exposed joists and four wood burning fireplaces. The home sits on five acres, which include a number of large oak trees and stone walls.The house was built by Revolutionary War Veteran Captain John Bradley, and later became the Joseph Bruey Farm (for which the street is named). The home also served as a safe house as part of the Underground Railroad.
The main floor consists of two sitting rooms each with their own fireplace that face the carport. Behind these rooms is a central dining room (with the central wood-burning fireplace) and another sitting / reading room off to the right. To the left of the dining room is a full bath. Behind the dining room is the kitchen, which has heating brick floors and windows on three of the four facades.
The upper floor consists of two children’s rooms (each with their own twin beds) and two main bedrooms. The master bedroom has a wood burning fireplace, and behind it a small room serves as an office. Between the master bedroom and the other main bedroom (the guest bedroom) lies the Jack-and-Jill bathroom. Behind the guest bedroom is another small room which serves as a laundry room.
No shoes worn inside – please protect floors and use booties.
No painting of walls. Nailing in walls to be determined on case by case basis pending owner approval.