This early federal style house was once part of the Brown’s mill complex for the carding and fulfilling of cotton until 1881. Originally built in 1785 with a later addition circa 1810, the house is tucked away on 5.6 idyllic wooded acres with frontage on the Catskill Creek and its dramatic rock outcroppings. Details such as a keystone door and window surrounds, wide board floors, 9-over-6 windows and the remains of old stone foundation have been seamlessly blended into a tranquil country retreat.
The Catskill Creek circles one entire side of the property, part rapids, part swimming hole, with dramatic huge slate walls on the opposite side, ideal for shoots. The front lawn of the house is about 1 acre with a functioning vegetable garden, ideal for receptions.
Septic system is fragile; please bring porta-potty or motorhome.