Archetype of the small town American Protestant church located on the corner of a small neighborhood. Built in 1890 it served as the religious and social center of Cochecton NY, a sleepy rural community at the foot of the Catskill mountains in Upstate New York.
The exterior of this historic building has the distinctive white painted clapboard siding, gabled roof and distinct steeple (complete with bell) prevalent in classic church architecture seen in country churches all across America. The interior has been preserved with no major changes since the late 1800’s. With a high ceiling and walls coated in the original pressed tin sheets, hand crafted pews and pulpit and even the original kerosene lanterns, the space is truly a window into the past.
In addition to the main building there is a meeting hall on the property that served as the church’s activity center and could be ideal for production purposes.
No nailing into walls. No painting of walls.
No heat or AC.